CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe fact that Japanese students consistently outperform other nationalities on international tests of educational achievement has made the Japanese educational system a leading topic for media attention and evaluative study. This volume is a collection of essays by Japanese and American scholars in the field of Japanese education that presents a current systematic overview of this system, its strengths, and its weaknesses. Topics ranging from the history of Japanese education and its recent reform campaign to the methods used to teach preschoolers and elementary students, women, teachers, and engineers are the primary focus of this study. Each contributor writes both within his or her own specialty and with a view to those political, social, and ecomic factors that affect the Japanese educational climate. A look to the future of Japanese higher education, as well as guidelines that can benefit educational systems in other countries, conclude the work.
- Author BiographyEDWARD R. BEAUCHAMP is Professor of Historical and Comparative Studies in Education at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. He is the author of An American Teacher in Early Meiji Japan, Learning to Be Japanese, and Dissertations in the History of Education, as well as articles in the History of Education Quarterly. Dr. Beauchamp co-edited Educational Policies in Crisis: Japanese and American Perspectives (Praeger, 1986), Education in Japan: A Sourcebook, and Foreign Employees in 19th Century Japan.
- Author(s)Edward R. Beauchamp
- Date of Publication30/06/1991
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContributions to the Study of Education
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 43
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight630 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.