All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWine Bar Theory is an attitude and an approach to work. It's t about cutting corners, it's about wanting the very best and t settling for less. It's a theory that can pave your road to success. Author David Gilbertson built a failing company into a successful multi-billion dollar business without getting up at 4:00am or working until midnight. He kws how to work better, and get brilliant results. Now in just 28 simple rules, he spells out the secret of his success; everyday accessible strategies for creative professionals, managers, students, entrepreneurs, and anyone who wants to get ahead in life. As one rule follows ather, he builds a compelling narrative on paving the way to success (and getting that all-important time to go to a wine bar with friends, or just time to think). Covering workplace issues and business strategy, Wine Bar Theory shows you things you can do more easily, and things you don't need to do at all. It's about being effective and t just busy. This affordable, pocket-sized book is a business book like other. Its creative illustrations are by Bill Butcher, whose work is seen in the pages of The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and the Ecomist.
- Author BiographyMedia consultant and adviser David Gilbertson is a leading businessman with over 30 years experience in the information industry. Starting out as a journalist for Reuters after graduating from Cambridge University, Gilbertson went on to become an influential figure in business, as CEO of multinational publishing company Informa and media company Emap. Gilbertson now chairs and invests in a number of international media companies and advises a leading private equity group. He lives and works in London. Bill Butcher illustrates for a global roster of clients, including the Financial Times, How To Spend It magazine, the Economist, the Wall Street Journal, Intelligent Life magazine and Fortune magazine, alongside taking on prestigious commissions for public and private portraits. He lives and works in Clerkenwell, London.
- Author(s)David Gilbertson
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note128
- Weight259 g
- Width120 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Artist(s)Bill Butcher
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.33Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.