All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionWith its three previous best-selling editions, Wine Science has proven to be an extensive account of the three central tenets of wine science: grape cultivation, wine production, and wine assessment. This fourth edition presents the latest updates on current wine production methods in a framework that explains the use, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of alternate procedures. Ronald Jackson's wealth of experience is matched by his ability to effectively communicate, making this book ideal for those seriously interested in the science of wine as well as professionals, professors and students.
- Author BiographyRon Jackson received the bachelor's and master's degree from Queen's University and the doctrine from the University of Toronto. His time in Vineland, Ontario, and subsequently at Cornell University redirected his interest in plant disease toward viticulture and enology. As part of his regular teaching duries at Brandon University, he developed the first wine technology course in Canada. For many years he was a technical advisor to the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission, developed sensory tests to assess the tasting skills of members of its Sensory Panel, and was a member of its External Tasting Panel. He is also the author of Conserve Water, Drink Wine and several technical reviews. Dr. Jackson has resigned from his position as a professor and the chair of the Botany Department at Brandon University to concentrate on writing. He is allied with the Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute, Brock University.
- Author(s)Ronald S. Jackson
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleFood Science & Technology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2330 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.