CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWings of Steel tells of Iain Paterson's quest to uncover the story of his great uncle, a football star before World War I with Motherwell, Sheffield Wednesday and Scotland - once described as the best outside-left in Britain. Among the treasured mementoes inherited from his late grandmother was a shoebox full of photographs of family and friends long departed - the most fascinating being those of an unkwn young man in vintage football kit sporting a Scottish cap dated 1910. As Iain discovered, his mother's older brother was Motherwell's first international player, the man responsible for Sheffield Wednesday becoming kwn as the Owls - and the figure at the heart of a mysterious riot following an international match in politically sensitive 1913 Dublin. Wings of Steel aims to set the record straight on many inaccuracies attached to George's story over the years, and to discover where George finally ended his days.
- Author BiographyWings of Steel is the first book by Iain Paterson, a former local government officer who was brought up in the same small Clackmannanshire village as his great uncle. Iain was a major contributor to The Dictionary of Scottish Architects. An enthusiastic amateur genealogist, he has written a number of articles for family history magazines.
- Author(s)Iain Paterson
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.