CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.50
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
About this product
- DescriptionMegan Williams is eighteen and in love with the boy next door, Victor Evans. But Tonypandy in 1910 is a town of poverty, hardship and strife, garrisoned by troops brought in to control the striking miners whose anger all too frequently erupts into bouts of violence and rioting. At thirteen Megan is sent from her family's farm to keep house for her widower uncle and his five children, but when her uncle can longer pay her wages, she is forced to seek work elsewhere. The only people who are hiring are those that run the houses where the police and soldiers lodge. Ostracised by friends and former neighbours who believe she has betrayed her class by working for the enemy, Megan is t the only one fighting for survival. Her lover turns to bare knuckle boxing in the hope of making eugh money for them to marry. But Megan's father would rather see his daughter dead than married to a Catholic, particularly one whose father and brother are marked as strike ringleaders. Tempers and violence flare on both sides of the dispute. Caught in the middle, Victor and Megan find themselves fighting for the right to love one ather, remain together and build a future they can share.
- Author BiographyCatrin Collier was born and brought up in Pontypridd. She worked in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
- Author(s)Catrin Collier
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date18/05/2006
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Interest AgeFrom 16 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.