Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionContinuum Impacts are seminal works by some of the finest minds in Western thought that created a storm when they were first published, and continue to resonate in this new series. Strikingly designed to complement the controversial nature of the thoughts within, Impacts are essential reading for independent thinkers everywhere. Karl May's most popular work originally published in 1892 and influenced by Harriet Beecher Stowe, Winnetou is the story of a young Apache chief told by his white friend and blood-brother Old Shatterhand. The action takes place in the U.S. Southwest, in the latter half of the 1800s, where the Indian way of life is threatened by the first transcontinental railroad. Winnetou, the only Native Indian chief who could have united the various rival tribes to reach a settlement with the whites, is murdered. His tragic death foreshadows the death of his people. May's central theme here, as in much of his work, is the relationship between aggression, racism, and religious intolerance.
- Author BiographyKarl May (1842-1912) was born in Germany to a family of poor weavers. Blind for the first six years of his life, he overcame self-doubt and despair to become one of the most successful writers of fiction in history. 70 million copies of his books have been sold in more than 20 languages.
- Author(s)Karl May
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleContinuum Impacts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Notemaps
- Weight726 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Translated byMichael Shaw
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.