CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionWinnie the Bear is the biography of a Canadian black bear adopted by Lieutenant Harry Colebourn and named after the city of Winnipeg. A kind veterinarian who was en route overseas at the beginning of World War I, Colebourn nurtured the young cub at training camps in Valcartier, Quebec, and on the Salisbury Plain. Appleby takes us on Winnie and Harry's journey and through the story of her own research, which is all the more fascinating for her family's connection to Harry Colebourn. Appleby's insights into the remarkable chain of events in Winnie the Bear's life reveal the bear's truly inspirational role in the creation of A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh books.
- Author BiographyM. A. Appleby grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. She completed her Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in anthropology and psychology at the University of Winnipeg in 1980. After moving to Detroit in 1983, she completed a Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology, and has spent 27 years working in that field. M. A. and her family currently reside in the old Wolseley neighbourhood in the heart of Winnipeg. Winnie the Bear is her first book.
- Author(s)M A Appleby
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)P R Hayes
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.