All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate business how-to book by the icon of American business and one of the world's most revered and respected leaders, Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric. Jack Welch kws how to win. During his 40-year career at General Electric, he led the company to year-after-year success around the globe, in multiple markets, against brutal competition. His honest, be-the-best style of management became the gold standard in business, with his relentless focus on people, teamwork and profits.Since Jack retired in 2001 as Chairman and CEO of GE, he has travelled the world, speaking to more than 250,000 people and answering their questions on dozens of wide-ranging topics. Inspired by his audiences and their hunger for straightforward guidance, Jack has written both a philosophical and pragmatic book, which is destined to become the bible of business for generations to come. It clearly lays out the answers to the most difficult questions people face both on and off the job.Jack's objective is to speak to people at every level of an organization, in companies large and small. His goal is to help everyone who has a passion for success, from assistants to project managers to senior executives.Winning is devoted to the real stuff of work, looking both inside the company, from leadership to picking winners to making change happen, and outside the company, at competition, strategy and mergers. And it focuses on managing your career - from finding the right job to achieving work-life balance.Jack's optimistic, excuses, get-it-done mind-set is riveting. Packed with personal anecdotes and written in his distinctive -nsense voice, Winning offers deep insights, original thinking and solutions to nuts-and-bolts problems that will change the way people think about work.
- Author BiographyJack Welch began his career with the General Electric Company in 1960, and in 1981 became the company's 8th Chairman and CEO. During his tenure, GE's market capitalization increased by $400 billion, making it the world's most valuable corporation, consistently voted the most admired company in the world by Fortune magazine, and the Financial Times named him one of the three most admired business leaders in the world today. Retiring from GE in 2001, he published his autobiography Jack: Straight from the Gut, an international bestseller. Suzy Welch is the former editor of the Harvard Business Review and an experienced management consultant. She is best known as a writer and editor of numerous books and articles about leadership, change and HR management.
- Author(s)Jack Welch,Suzy Welch
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/01/2007
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight202 g
- Width111 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.