All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlready cited by the Financial Times, Forbes.com, The Ecomic Times, WSJ/Mint and several other prominent global business publications, Winning in Emerging Markets is quickly becoming the go-to book for mapping a strategy for entering new markets--and then quickly gaining a competitive edge in those high growth regions. Advancing the discussion about emerging markets themselves and how organizations can best leverage the potential of these regions, Tarun Khanna and Krishna Palepu -- both well respected thinkers on the subject -- argue there is more to sizing up these markets than just evaluating data points related to size, population, and growth potential. In fact, they say the possibility to expand a company's progress in developing ecomies is to first asses the area's lack of institutional infrastructure--and then to formulate strategies around what the authors call institutional voids to the firm's advantage. Khanna and Palepu say the primary exploitable characteristic of an emerging market are such voids, and though they create challenges, they also provide major opportunity both for multinationals and local contenders. Winning in Emerging Markets serves as a playbook for measuring a market's potential and for crafting a strategy to succeed there.
- Author BiographyKrishna Palepu is the Ross Graham Walker Professor of Business Administration and Senior Associate Dean for International Development at the Harvard Business School. Tarun Khanna is the Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor at Harvard Business School and the author of Billions of Entrepreneurs: How China and India Are Reshaping Their Future and Yours.
- Author(s)Krishna G. Palepu,Tarun Khanna
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Out-of-print date10/05/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.