Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $76.46Trending at AU $77.53
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $41.37Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $57.79Trending at AU $86.66
- AU $34.05Trending at AU $42.31
- AU $41.41Trending at AU $42.12
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most authoritative and comprehensive record of public opinion and the 2008 presidential election. The 2008 presidential election was one of the most important and exciting political campaigns in American history. This election was the first in which a major party minated a black candidate, and the first to pit two sitting senators against each other. The age difference between Barack Obama and John McCain - 25 years - was also the biggest in American history. Providing a gripping month-by-month narrative of the 2008 election, Winning the White House 2008 recounts this fascinating presidential campaign. The book features more than 1,000 polls taken throughout the campaign by Gallup, the oldest and most respected polling company in the world.Each Gallup Poll offers valuable and unique information t available anywhere else: Some give a snapshot of the moment, based on the day's or week's events; others delve into the campaign's major issues, such as the Iraq War, the ecomy, and energy; some trace the impact of the national conventions and debates; and, still others provide historical perspective by comparing the 2008 race to previous elections in American history. Featuring expert commentary on the candidates, issues, and public opinion polls, this new reference is the definitive account of the 2008 presidential election.
- Author BiographyFrank Newport, Ph.D., has been the Editor-in-Chief of the Gallup Poll since 1991 and holds a doctorate in sociology from the University of Michigan. Lydia Saad is the Senior Editor of the Gallup Poll and holds an M.A. in political science from the University of Connecticut. Jeffrey M. Jones is Managing Editor of the Gallup Poll and has written numerous public opinion analyses for Gallup. Alec M. Gallup is Chairman of the Gallup Poll and Vice Chair of the George H. Gallup International Institute. Fred L. Israel, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of American History at the City College of New York and has compiled and edited the Gallup Poll into annual reference volumes for 25 years.
- Author(s)Alec Gallup,Frank Newport,Fred L. Israel,Jeffrey M. Jones,Lydia Saad
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Noteapproximately 1, 000 polls, 75 black-&-white photographs, index, chronologies
- Weight1429 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.