All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a reference book for winter walkers and climbers. This is a reference manual for mountaineers and those who wish to instruct, coach and lead others. Written by a mountain guide and a mountaineering instructor, its functional design with easy-reference colour-coded pages and full colour images that complement the text and accurate relief and line maps make it an indispensable guide to the skills required for winter walking and climbing. Packed with essential information and techniques for climbers and walkers, this book is Mountain Leader Training UK's official handbook for the Mountaineering Instructor (MI) and Winter Mountain Leader (WML) Schemes. The book is split into six sections including: Winter Environment, Basic Winter Skills, Sw and Avalanche, Security on Steep Ground, Winter Climbing and Winter Incidents. In each section, the text is aimed at everyone involved in walking and climbing in winter with specific advice (in text boxes throughout the book) for instructors and leaders. The authors makes reference to the range of hills and cliffs of the UK and Ireland and the text and illustrations ackwledge the diverse range of people who enjoy winter mountaineering. The third in the highly successful series of handbooks from Mountain Leader Training UK, following on from Hill Walking (0954151100) by Steve Long, and Rock Climbing (0954151119) by Libby Peter. This technical textbook is for those interested in all aspects of winter mountaineering and has high quality designs with clear line illustrations and colour photos to further the understanding of the textual information.
- Author BiographyAndy Cunningham is a Mountaineering Instructor based in Ullapool. Allen Fyffe is a Mountain Guide and Mountaineering Instructor and is the full time Secretary of Mountain Leader Training Scotland. Both authors have numerous first ascents to their names and have extensive instructional experience.
- Author(s)Allen Fyffe,Andy Cunningham
- PublisherMountain Training
- Date of Publication21/01/2007
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note170 colour illustrations and photographs
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.