Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionPerfect for fans of Jenny Milchman, Linda Castillo, and Lisa Gardner the first book in a suspenseful new crime thriller series featuring the tough but haunted police chief Lizzie Sw, a big-city cop with a mission, taking on a small town with a dark side. Moving from Boston to remote Bearkill, Maine, isn t homicide cop Lizzie Sw s idea of a step up. But breaking away from tragedy and personal betrayal is at least a step in the right direction. Her dead sister s fate still torments her, as does her long-missing niece s disappearance. Lizzie hopes to find the mysteriously vanished child here, amid the coming ice and sw. But in the Great North Woods, something darker and more dangerous than punishing winter is also bound for Bearkill. The town is a world apart in more than distance full of people who see everything, say little, and kw more than they ll share with an outsider. The only exceptions are the handsome state cop who once badly broke Lizzie s heart and desperately wants ather chance and Lizzie s new boss, sheriff Cody Chevrier, who s counting on her years of homicide experience to help him solve his most troubling case, before it s too late. A rash of freak accidents and suicides has left a string of dead men all former local cops. Now the same cruel eyes that watched them die are on Lizzie and so is the pressure to find out what sort of monster has his hooks in this town, what his ruthless game is, and just how brutally he ll play to win. Whatever the truth is, its twisted roots lie in the desolate backwoods of Aroostook County: where the desperate disappear, the corrupt find shelter, and the incent lose everything. It s there that a cunning and utterly cold-blooded killer plans the fate of the helpless lives at his mercy one of whom may be the lost child Lizzie will do anything to save. As a blizzard bears down, and Bearkill s dark secrets claw their way to the surface, Lizzie gears up for a showdown that could leave the deep, driven sw stained blood red. Praise for Winter at the Door Sarah Graves writes with grace and intelligence, and a love for her state shines through in this stylish debut of a new series set against Maine s dark and foreboding forests. I m hooked! Margaret Maron, New York Times bestselling author of Designated Daughters Fast and dangerous, an extraordinarily entertaining read, Winter at the Door grabbed me from the thrilling first page. Linda Castillo, New York Times bestselling author of The Dead Will Tell Readers who enjoy Linda Castillo and Lisa Gardner will welcome Lizzie, a strong, motivated woman making her way in the frozen rth. Booklist Lizzie is edgy and independent. . . . Taking a page from Janet Evavich s Stephanie Plum, two hunky guys pursue Lizzie, each stumbling over the other as they try to protect a woman who really can protect herself. Readers can relax in Graves s able hands as she spins a complex tale with twists and turns that feel earned, and a character who kws exactly who she is. The Boston Globe An entertaining story that proceeds to an explosive conclusion. Mystery Scene A superbly suspenseful mystery with likable tough cop Lizzie and a town full of character. It s bound to appeal to readers who enjoy Jenny Milchman s books. Library Journal (starred review)
- Author BiographySarah Graves lives with her husband in Eastport, Maine, one remote rural road away from the Allagash wilderness territory and the Great North Woods. She is currently working on her next novel in the Lizzie Snow series, The Girls She Left Behind.
- Author(s)Sarah Graves
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleLizzie Snow
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width163 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.