All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionAs ethnic tensions escalate into war, Marija returns in confusion to her native Croatia - call it a mid-life crisis. She soon takes up with a young soldier, but her age does t give her the least power over him. On the other side of the world, her estranged father is gearing up to enter the fray, raising the cash to raise an army. Exiled to Argentina, he has been waiting for this moment since 1945. But war is a young man's game, and even his closest comrades cant be trusted. If the Old Man is to meet his daughter again it will be in a world altered beyond his understanding, where the only soldiers he commands are in his head.
- Author BiographyNorbert Gstrein was born in 1961 in the Austrian Tyrol, and studied mathematics at Innsbruck and Stanford, California. He is the author of The English Years, which won widespread critical acclaim in Germany and was awarded the coveted Alfred D blin Prize. Anthea Bell has won the Schlegel-Tieck Prize for German translation four times. She was awarded an O.B.E. for her services to literature in 2010. Julian Evans wrote and presented the BBC Radio 3 series on the European novel, The Romantic Road, and has won the Prix du Rayonnement de la Langue Fran aise. His most recent book is Semi-Invisible Man: the life of Norman Lewis.
- PrizesLong-listed for Deutscher Buchpreis (The German Book Prize) 2008.
- Author(s)Norbert Gstrein
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacLehose Press
- Weight196 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byAnthea Bell,Julian Evans
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.