All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionWire Techlogy: Process Engineering and Metallurgy, Second Edition, covers new developments in high-speed equipment and the drawing of ultra-high strength steels, along with new computer-based design and analysis software and techniques, including Finite Element Analysis. In addition, the author shares his design and risk prediction calculations, as well as several new case studies. New and extended sections cover measurement and instrumentation, die temperature and cooling, multiwire drawing, and high strength steel wire. Coverage of process ecomics has been greatly enhanced, including an exploration of product yields and cost analysis, as has the coverage of sustainability aspects such as energy use and recycling. As with the first edition, questions and problems are included at the end of each chapter to reinforce key concepts.
- Author BiographyRoger N. Wright, Professor Emeritus, School of Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, has contributed broadly to the literature in the areas of metallurgy and metals processing, and is active as a short-course lecturer and consultant. Prior to joining Rensselaer, he was a senior staff member at Westinghouse Research Laboratories and at Allegheny Ludlum Steel Corporation. He holds B.S. and Sc.D. degrees in metallurgy from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is a registered professional engineer and a fellow of ASM International and of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Author(s)Roger N. Wright
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWoburn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.