Wired for Joy: A Revolutionary Method for Creating Happiness from Within by Laurel Mellin (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn Wired for Joy, researcher and New York Times bestselling author Laurel Mellin presents a simple yet proven way to train your brain to move through stress and back to joy. Her method focuses on rewiring the emotional brain-the cauldron of our stress-rather than the thinking brain, which has been the focus of most other stress-busting methods. Based on the cutting-edge science of neuroplasticity, Mellin outlines the five emotional states of the brain. For each state, she presents a specific tool that easily and quickly switches the brain back to well-being-in essence, retraining your brain to be in joy more moments of the day. Eighty percent of health problems today are due to the downstream effects of stress. And because an overload of stress leads the brain to become wired for extremes of emotions, thoughts, and behaviour, you can see its negative effects in every area of your life. Stress symptoms include everything from high blood pressure, to heart disease, to addictions, to chronic anger, so learning to break free from stress could dramatically improve your mood, your relationships, your health-and your life. Imagine a world without all the jaw clenching, nail biting, and stress-induced meltdowns. With the five simple tools in Wired for Joy, you can finally change the wiring that triggers your stress, instead of focusing on its symptoms. And once you make that switch, life becomes easier and more rewarding; your stress symptoms-depression, anxiety, over eating-tend to fade; and you experience a new sense of freedom in your life.
- Author BiographyLaurel Mellin, author of the New York Times-bestseller The Pathway, is an associate clinical professor of family and community medicine and pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. She is the founder of emotional brain training (EBT) a method that focuses on alleviating stress to promote high-level wellbeing. Mellin has been involved in a variety of research and teaching roles and has received awards from the American Medical Association, the American Bariatric Society, and the US Department of Consumer Education. Her research has been featured in Fortune magazine, US News & World Report, and Time and has appeared on Oprah, Good Morning America, Today, and The Early Show.
- Author(s)Laurel Mellin
- PublisherHay House Inc
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationCarlsbad
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHay House Inc
- Out-of-print date08/04/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.