All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to theories and applications in wireless broadband networks As wireless broadband networks evolve into future generation wireless networks, it's important for students, researchers, and professionals to have a solid understanding of their underlying theories and practical applications. Divided into two parts, the book presents: * Enabling Techlogies for Wireless Broadband Networks-orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing and other block-based transmissions; multi-input/multi-output antenna systems; ultra-wideband; medium access control; mobility resource management; routing protocols for multi-hop wireless broadband networks; radio resource management for wireless broadband networks; and quality of service for multimedia services* Systems for Wireless Broadband Networks-long-term evolution cellular networks; wireless broadband networking with WiMax; wireless local area networks; wireless personal area networks; and convergence of networks Each chapter begins with an introduction and ends with a summary, appendix, and a list of resources for readers who would like to explore the subjects in greater depth. The book is an ideal resource for researchers in electrical engineering and computer science and an excellent textbook for electrical engineering and computer science courses at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Author BiographyDAVID TUNG CHONG WONG, PhD, is a Research Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore, and he is the Networks Editor for World Scientific's International Journal on Wireless & Optical Communications. His research interests include wireless/wireline multimedia networks. PENG-YONG KONG, PhD, is a Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Infocomm Research and an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore. YING-CHANG LIANG, PhD, is a Senior Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research and holds an adjunct associate professorship at Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. KEE CHAING CHUA is Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the National University of Singapore. He has published more than 200 journal articles or conference papers and coauthored one other book, all on wireless or optical networks. JON W. MARK, PhD, FCAE, FIEEE, PEng, is a Distinguished Professor Emeritus and Director of the Centre for Wireless Communications at the University of Waterloo, Canada. He has published more than 350 journal or conference papers, coauthored two other books, coedited one book, and published more than twenty book chapters.
- Author(s)David T. Wong,Kee Chaing Chua,Peng-Yong Kong,Ying-Chang Liang
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.