All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by award-winning engineers whose research has been sponsored by the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), IBM, and Cisco's University Research Program, Wireless Sensor Networks: Principles and Practice addresses everything product developers and technicians need to kw to navigate the field. It provides an all-inclusive examination of the major wireless sensor network (WSN) techlogy, standards, and application topics. Using straightforward language, the text makes complex concepts and processes easy to understand. It covers hardware design, medium access control, routing schemes, transport protocols, OS support, middleware, data management, localization, synchronization, security, actuator/underwater/video sensor networking, power control, sensor simulations, and emerging research. This authoritative resource includes a wealth of exercises, end-of-chapter reviews, detailed case studies, as well as practical sensor network design cases that touch on medical applications. Complete with class labs that illustrate how to apply concepts to the development and application of WSNs, this book spells out the steps of design and implementation needed to address real-world challenges and optimization problems. A CD with instructional resources, including solutions to exercises and lab materials, is available upon qualified course adoption.
- Author BiographyDr. Fei Hu is an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, USA. His research interests include sensor networks, wireless networks, network security and their application to Bio-Medicine. His research has been supported by U.S. NSF, Cisco, Sprint, and other sources. He obtained his Ph.D. degrees at Tongji University, Shanghai, China, in the field of Signal Processing, and at Clarkson University, New York, USA, in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He holds M.S. and B.S. degrees in Telecommunication Engineering from Shanghai Tiedao University and has published over 100 journal/conference papers and book chapters. Dr. Xiaojun Cao is an assistant professor in the Computer Science Department of Georgia State University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo. Dr. Cao's research has been sponsored by U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), IBM and Cisco's University Research Program. He is a recipient of the NSF CAREER Award, 2006-2011. Dr. Cao is working on modeling, analysis, and protocols/algorithms design of communication networks. Important among these are Optical Networking, Waveband Switching, Optical Burst Switching, Mobile Ad hoc Networks, Sensor Networks and Security, and Optical Wireless Communications.He holds a B.S. degree from Tsinghua University as well as a M.S. from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)Fei Hu,Xiaojun Cao
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note194 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.