CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of Buddhist studies is an international and interdisciplinary one. By its nature, the study of Buddhism must take into account phemena that cross national and cultural boundaries, as well as the more artificial boundaries of modern academic fields. This volume presents 18 studies, the subjects of which range over India, China, Tibet and Japan, and deal with an ever broader range of subjects. It includes many essays on Buddhist philosophy, a number of which deal with the Madhyamaka tradition of Nagarjuna and his successors, while others examine the Yogacara tradition of Asanga, Vasubandhu, and their successors. These essays investigate areas of doctrinal interest such as the so-called Two-Truth theory, and the doctrine of the equivalence of nirvana and samsara, as well as such topics as the nature and practice of compassion, and Indian Buddhist cosmology. Still other studies examine topics such as the meditation practices of the Japanese Pure Land founder Honen, some of the earliest Chinese Buddhist art objects yet kwn and their importance for the transmission of Buddhism to China, later Indian logic, epistemology and the theory of meaning, what we kw about the ear The contributors include Noritoshi Aramaki, Mark L. Blum, Luis O. Gomez, Masaaki Hattori, Gadjin M. Nagao, Ernst Steinkellner and Akira Yuyama.
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleStudies in the Buddhist Traditions
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note13 b&w illustrations
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJonathan A. Silk
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.