All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the idea that one of the greatest gifts one generation can give to ather is the wisdom it has gained from experience, award-winning photographer and filmmaker Andrew Zuckerman has captured the voices, physical presence, and written word of iconic over-65-year olds to create profound, honest, and truly revealing portraits. Based on his acclaimed large-format book Wisdom, published in Fall 2008, these new, well-priced smaller books and films - included here on DVDs - provide an extraordinary legacy for the generations that follow and timeless portraits of the common themes that unite us all. Ideas features the thoughts and photographs of such legends as Chuck Close, Dave Brubeck, Jane Goodall, Kris Kristofferson, Kurt Masur, Ravi Shankar, and Robert Redford, among others. Life features the thoughts and photographs of such legends as Andrew Wyeth, Billie Jean King, Burt Bacharach, Buzz Aldrin, and Frank Gehry, among others. Love features the thoughts and photographs of such legends as Edward M. Kennedy, Jacques Pepin, Nadine Gordimer, Vanessa Redgrave, and Desmond Tutu, among others. Peace features the thoughts and photographs of such legends as Madeleine Albright, Henry Kissinger, Nelson Mandela, Vaclav Havel, Willie Nelson, and Zbigniew Brzezinski, among others.
- Author BiographyAndrew Zuckerman was born in Washington DC in 1977. After an internship at the International Center of Photography in New York, he attended New York University's School of Visual Arts to study photography and film, and graduated in 1999. His photography and film work has been commissioned extensively for leading international brands, and he has received numerous awards including the D&AD Yellow Pencil award for excellence in photography. Wisdom, a book, film, and traveling exhibition, was launched in October 2008, and is Zuckerman's most ambitious project to date. With the support of Archbishop Desmond Tutu, he traveled the globe to photograph and interview the world's most eminent elders, creating a comprehensive account of their perspectives and an inspirational record to pass down for generations.
- Author(s)Andrew Zuckerman
- PublisherHarry N. Abrams
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams
- Weight358 g
- Width160 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.