Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.19+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it<i></i>really mean to be a good father? What did your father tell you, that has stayed with you throughout your life? Was there a lesson from him, a story, or a moment that helped to make you who you are? Is there a special memory that makes you smile when you least expect it? After the publication of Tim Russert's number one <i>New York Times</i> bestseller about his father, <i> Big Russ & Me</i>, he received an avalanche of letters from daughters and sons who wanted to tell him about their<i></i>own fathers, most of whom were t superdads or heroes but ordinary men who were remembered and cherished for some of their best moments-of advice, tenderness, strength, hor, discipline, and occasional eccentricity. Most of these daughters and sons were eager to express the gratitude they had carried with them through the years. Others wanted to share lessons and memories and, most important, pass them down to their own children. This book is for<i></i>all fathers, young or old, who can learn from the men in these pages how to get it right, and to understand that sometimes it is the<i></i>little gestures that can make<i></i>the big difference for your child. For some in this book, the appreciation came later than they would have liked. But as<i> Wisdom of Our Fathers</i> reminds us, it is<i></i>never too late to embrace it. From the father who coached his daughter in sports (and life), attending every meet, game, performance, and tournament, to the daughter who, after a fifteen-year estrangement, learned to make peace with her difficult father just before he died, to the son who came, at last, to appreciate the silent way his father could show affection, <i>Wisdom of Our Fathers</i> shares rewarding lessons, immeasurable gifts, and lasting values. Heartfelt, humorous, engaging, irresistibly readable, <i></i>and bound to bring back memories of unforgettable moments with our own fathers, Tim Russert's new book is t only a fitting companion to his own marvelous memoir, but also a celebration of the positive qualities passed down from generation to generation.
- Author BiographyTim Russert is the moderator and managing editor of Meet the Press, and the Washington bureau chief of NBC News. He is married to Maureen Orth, and they have one son, Luke. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Russet Tim
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width132 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.