All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKeeping chickens in your own backyard, whether out in the country or right in the heart of the city, is all the rage these days. In this delightful collection of 500 chicken-raising tips, expert poultry fancier Chris Graham provides all you need to kw to get started in this rewarding hobby. For easy reference, the tips are divided into ten chapters, covering all aspects of chicken keeping, from coops and equipment through choosing chickens for eggs and meat to feeding chickens and breeding and showing. The tips are grouped logically so that beginners can build their kwledge gradually, while old hands might prefer to dip in and out at random or refer to the index to access specific topics. The tips are accompanied by simple antated diagrams where required, and a series of specially commissioned licut prints by printmaker Melvyn Evans rounds out this charming package.
- Author BiographyChris Graham has been the editor of Practical Poultry magazine (www.practicalpoultry.com) since it launched in 2004. He also edits Practical Pigs magazine and is the author of Choosing and Keeping Chickens (Bounty Books, 2000). Chris keeps chickens, quail, pigs, cats, and a dog along with his wife and three children at his home in rural east Sussex.
- Author(s)Chris Graham
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width163 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.