All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this five-session video-based Bible study, bestselling author and pastor Bill Hybels challenges you to make doing life together a priority, exploring from the book of Proverbs how experiencing community and growing in wisdom are inseparably linked and offering practical direction on how to experience this with others. All of us want to get better at life. Gettting wiser alone, however, is t the way it works. God didn't wire us to catch onto wise and godly living through lone-ranger attempts at learning; it's something that rubs off on us when we spend time with others who have the wisdom of God living inside of them. As the proverb says, Iron sharpens iron as one person sharpens ather. This study is designed with both new and experienced group leaders in mind. For new leaders, it includes optional weekly DVD training sessions to help them lead a fantastic, first-time small group experience. For experienced leaders, it includes a Going Deeper section for those ready to take this content to the next level. Sessions include: * Walking with the Wise (16:00)* The Counsel of Community (18:00)* Iron Sharpens Iron (14:00)* The Heart of Community (13:00)* Faith and Friendship (15:00) This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.
- Author BiographyBill Hybels is the founding and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill., and chairman of the board for the Willow Creek Association. The bestselling author of more than twenty books, including Leadership Axioms, Holy Discontent, Just Walk Across the Room, The Volunteer Revolution, and Courageous Leadership, and classics such as Too Busy Not to Pray and Becoming a Contagious Christian, Hybels is known worldwide as an expert in training Christian leaders to transform individuals and their communities through the local church. He and his wife, Lynne, have two adult children and two grandsons, Henry and Mac.
- Author(s)Bill Hybels
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Out-of-print date10/05/2016
- Weight208 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.