All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Kay gives hugely of her talent; pours it onto the page ...These stories charm, move and entertain' - Guardian . This fierce, funny and compassionate collection explores every facet of that most overwhelming and complicated of human emotions: love. With winning directness, Jackie Kay captures her characters' greatest joy and greatest vulnerability, exposing the moments of tenderness, of shock, of bravery and stupidity that accompany the search for love, the discovery of love and, most of all, love's loss. 'Jackie Kay's characters sing from the page' - Daily Telegraph . 'At the heart of it is a faith in stories themselves: a belief that the most desolate history can be lent coherence if you tell it right' - TLS . 'Kay's humour and optimism are transcendent' - Sunday Herald .
- Author BiographyJackie Kay was born in Edinburgh. She is a poet, novelist and writer of short stories and has enjoyed great acclaim for her work for both adults and children. Her novel Trumpet won the Guardian Fiction Prize and is a modern classic. Most recently she published her memoir, Red Dust Road. She teaches at Newcastle University, and lives in Manchester.
- Author(s)Jackie Kay
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.