Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionWit and Wisdom From The Parents of Special Needs Kids brings together dozens of the best writers in the blogosphere, sharing their stories of both the challenges and rewards of raising children with autism and other cognitive disabilities. More than forty essays are included in this unique compilation, covering topics such as sensory issues, the difficulties of social interaction, the impact on marriage and typical siblings, and the world of special education and therapies. These parents cover the gamut of experiences -- from initially receiving the diagsis for their child and reconsidering their expectations for the future to learning how to let go of children as young adults - as well as an emotional spectrum from sadness and loss, to the frustrations of assimilating t-so-typical children into the typical world, to the joy of living amongsttheir often hilarious quirks and obsessions. Wit and Wisdom From The Parents of Special Needs Kids is a must read for anyone whose life has been affected by intellectual disabilities. Every parent of a special needs child will identify with the life experiences included in this book -- they are as varied, unique, and inspiring as the children themselves.
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLynn Hudoba
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.