All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis work offers a compelling examination of witches and witchcraft in both folklore and history. While most people are familiar with the classic image of a witch as a frightening figure riding through the night sky on a broomstick, true witchcraft is something very different. Witches and Wiccans explores witches and witchcraft throughout the ages, in both folklore and history. It discusses what people have believed about witches in different time periods, witchcraft practices from different cultures around the world, and how societies have perceived witches. With this look at the modern Wicca practices, the principles of Wicca, and how they differ from the witches of legend, readers will gain a better understanding of what modern-day practitioners do to commune with unseen forces. Chapters include: The Inquisition's Reign of Terror; Anatomy of a Witch Trial and Execution; Witchcraft in Early America; Witchcraze in Salem; and, Wiccan Celebrations.
- Author BiographyRosemary Ellen Guileyis a best-selling author of books on the paranormal, and mystical and visionary experiences. She is an experienced paranormal investigator and makes numerous lecture and media appearances. She lives in Maryland.
- Author(s)Rosemary Ellen Guiley
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note20 full-colour & black-&-white photographs & illustrations, index, glossary, sidebars, timeline, endnotes, further resources
- Weight249 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Interest Age11 to 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.