All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew jazz singers have become icons like Billie Holiday. In <i>With Billie</i>, we hear the voices of those people who knew Billie best: pia players and dancers, pimps and junkies, lovers and narcs, producers and critics, each recalling intimate stories of the Billie they knew. What emerges is a portrait of a complex, contradictory, enthralling woman, a woman who contrary to myth knew what she wanted and what really mattered to her. Julia Blackburn has pieced together an oral history of this jazz great, creating a unique and fascinating view of an astonishing woman.
- Author BiographyJulia Blackburn is the author of three books of nonfiction, <b>Charles Waterton, The Emperor s Last Island</b><i>, </i>and <b>Daisy Bates in the Desert</b><i>, </i>and of two novels, <b>The Book of Color</b><i></i>and <b>The Leper s Companions</b><i>, </i>both of which were shortlisted for the Orange Prize. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Julia Blackburn
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Weight268 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.