All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionOn February 10, 1918, John Power woke to the sound of bells and horses' hooves. He was sharing a cabin near the family mine with his brother Tom and their father Jeff; hired man Tom Sisson was also nearby. Then gunfire erupted, and so began the day when the Power brothers engaged the Graham County Sheriff's Department in the bloodiest shootout in Arizona history.Now Thomas Cobb, author of Crazy Heart and Shavetail, has taken up the story in this powerful and meticulously researched nfiction vel. What seems at first a simple tale of crime and pursuit takes on much greater meaning and complexity as the story traces the past lives of the main characters and interconnects them--all leading back to the deadly confrontation that begins the book. Cobb cunningly weaves the story of the Power brothers' escape with flashbacks of the boys' father's life and his struggle to make a living ranching, logging, and mining in the West around the turn of the century. Deftly drawn characters and cleverly concealed motivations work seamlessly to blend a compelling family history with a desperate story of the brothers as they attempt to escape.Grappling with themes of loyalty, masculinity, techlogy, and hor, this sweeping saga reveals the passion and brutality of frontier life in Arizona a hundred years ago. Richly authentic and beautifully written, With Blood in Their Eyes breathes dramatic new life into this nearly forgotten episode of the American West.
- Author BiographyThomas Cobb is the author of Crazy Heart and Shavetail, as well as an award-winning short-story collection entitled Acts of Contrition. He grew up in southern Arizona and now lives in Rhode Island with his wife.
- Author(s)Mr Thomas Cobb
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Notemaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.