All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith Byrd at the Bottom of the World vividly recounts American explorer Admiral Richard E. Byrd's expedition to the South Pole. From the sublime to the ridiculous, author and fellow explorer Norman D. Vaughan recalls the historic moments, practical jokes, jealousies, and affection among compatriots facing the dangers of a frozen and inhospitable continent.
- Author BiographyNorman Vaughan (1905-2005) accompanied Admiral Richard E. Byrd on his 1928 expedition to Antarctica. He returned at the age of 88 to climb the frozen mountain Byrd named after him. A mushing legend, Vaughan competed in the Iditarod sled dog race across Alaska every year for thirteen straight years, beginning at age 68.
- Author(s)Norman D. Vaughan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAdmiral Byrd Classics
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note34 black & white halftones, 1 maps
- Weight363 g
- Width151 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.