CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionHeinz Linge worked with Adolf Hitler for a ten-year period from 1935 until the Fuhrer's death in the Berlin bunker in May 1945. He was one of the last to leave the bunker and was responsible for guarding the door while Hitler killed himself. During his years of service, Linge was responsible for all aspects of Hitler's household and was constantly by his side. He claims that only Eva Braun stood closer to Hitler over these years. Through a host of anecdotes and observations, Linge recounts the daily routine in Hitler's household; his eating habits, his foibles, his preferences, his sense of humour and his private life with Eva Braun. In fact, Linge believed Hitler's closest companion was his dog Blondi. After the war Linge said in an interview, 'it was easier for him to sign a death warrant for an officer on the front than to swallow bad news about the health of his dog'. Linge also charts the changes in Hitler's character and his fading health from around 1942. During his last days, Hitler's right eye began to hurt intensely and Linge was responsible for administering cocaine drops to kill the pain. In a number of instances - such as with the Stauffenberg bomb plot of July 1944 - Linge gives an excellent eyewitness account of events. He also gives thumbnail profiles of the prominent members of Hitler's 'court': Hess, Speer, Bormann and Ribbentrop amongst them.
- Author BiographyHEINZ LINGE was born in Bremen, Germany, in March 1913. He worked as Hitler's valet until the Fuhrer shot himself in 1945. He was arrested by the Red Army, which interrogated him about the circumstances of Hitler's death. Linge was released from Soviet captivity in 1955. He died in Bremen in March 1980.
- Author(s)Heinz Linge
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note8 pp b/w plates
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.