All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Caddy's latest collection of poems documents his recovery from a stroke. Carefully negotiating the balance of outside and inside, the poems rebuild a delicate web of cognition, identity, and perception. From the revulsion on a child's face as Caddy struggles to walk to the gift of a night nurse revealing a tattoo, the poems defy consolation in their consideration of mortality. Also containing poems from three previous collections, With Mouths Open Wide showcases the best work of a major contemporary poet.
- Author BiographyWinner of the 2012 McKnight Distinguished Artist Award, poet and educator John Caddy is the author of The Color of Mesabi Bones (Milkweed Editions, 1989), a Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner for poetry, Eating the Sting (Milkweed Editions, 1986), and Morning Earth (Milkweed Editions 2003). His Earth Journal poems circulate daily to teachers, naturalists, artists, and students around the world. A founder of Minnesota's Poets in the Schools program, Caddy has taught poetry to adults and children in over eight hundred settings over the course of forty years.
- Author(s)John Caddy
- PublisherMilkweed Editions
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMilkweed Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width157 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.