With People in Mind: Design and Management of Everyday Nature by Rachel Kaplan, etc. (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith People in Mind explores how to design and manage areas of everyday nature - parks and open spaces, corporate grounds, vacant lots and backyard gardens, fields and forests - in ways that are beneficial to and appreciated by humans. The authors introduce a new way of thinking about natural areas and present concrete and detailed recommendations for effective design and management. Enhanced by a wealth of illustrations and images, With People in Mind translates the results of many years of empirical studies into practical design and management approaches. It is a readable and flexible guide for practitioners and students in landscape architecture, planning, resource management, environmental psychology, and other fields.
- Author BiographyRachel Kaplan is professor of environmental psychology in the School of Natural Resources and Environment and professor of psychology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She has for more than a quarter of a century played a key role in the field of environmental psychology, and has co-authored three books, including The Experience of Nature (Cambridge, 1989). Stephen Kaplan is professor of psychology and professor of computer science and engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He has for more than a quarter of a century played a key role in the field of environmental psychology, and has co-authored three books, including The Experience of Nature (Cambridge, 1989). Robert L. Ryan is an award-winning landscape architect who recently completed his doctoral dissertation on people's attachment to natural areas.
- Author(s)Rachel Kaplan,etc.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1998
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.