All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Reggie Kray shot Albert Doghue from behind the bar, Albert learned that the Twins meant business. The hit was intended to avenge a loose remark, and also to test Albert's loyalty to the underworld code of silence. It was a test that Albert passed admirably. And so he became Reggie's right-hand man, his minder and chief executive.But when the Krays were arrested, they made one of their most dangerous mistakes. They told Albert to admit to a crime he had t committed: the killing of Frank Mitchell.Albert, who had become increasingly appalled by the violent turn the Twins' business affairs had been taking, testified against them. His evidence landed the Krays thirty years, but Albert and his family were sentenced to a lifetime of watching their backs.In this explosive book, Albert Doghue reveals the shocking events he witnessed - it is the inside story of the Krays from a radically different standpoint. It sensationally charts the rise of the country's most torious criminals, and their final descent into self-destruction. This is a book that will change the Kray myth forever.
- Author BiographyAlbert Donoghue was born in Dublin in 1935, the son of a seaman who died soon after moving the family to London's East End. In 1962, Albert was jailed for a failed payroll snatch. Once released, he became the Krays' paymaster and enforcer, working for them throughout their most powerful and violent years. Albert himself played a crucial role in Frank Mitchell's escape from Dartmoor, but when Mitchell was murdered, Albert gave evidence against the Krays. He was jailed briefly for his involvement in the McVitie and Mitchell affairs but was released in 1969. Martin Short is one of Britain's foremost writers on crime and corruption. He has written several books, including his bestseller on Freemasonry, Inside the Brotherhood. He has produced and narrated numerous documentary series, including Godfathers, which exposed the gangland bosses of Britain today.
- Author(s)Albert Donoghue,Martin Short
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.