Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn some ways, Canadian history has always been international, comparative, and wide-ranging. However, in recent years the importance of the ties between Canadian and transnational history have become increasingly clear. Within and Without the Nation brings scholars from a range of disciplines together to examine Canada's past in new ways through the lens of transnational scholarship. Moving beyond well-kwn comparisons with Britain and the United States, the fifteen essays in this collection connect Canada with Latin America, the Caribbean, and the wider Pacific world, as well as with other parts of the British Empire. Examining themes such as the dispossession of indigeus peoples, the influence of nationalism and national identity, and the impact of global migration, Within and Without the Nation is a text which will help readers rethink what constitutes Canadian history.
- Author BiographyKaren Dubinsky is Professor of History and Global Development Studies at Queen's University. She is the author and editor of several books, including Within and Without the Nation: Transnational Canadian History (2015). Adele Perry is a professor of History and senior fellow at St. John's College, University of Manitoba. Henry Yu is a professor in the Department of History and the principal of St. John's College at the University of British Columbia.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date08/05/2017
- Content Note10, 2 maps
- Weight680 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAdele Perry,Henry Yu,Karen Dubinsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.