All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people are both repelled and intrigued by the images of cold-blooded, conscienceless murderers that increasingly populate our movies, television programs, and newspaper headlines. With their flagrant criminal violation of society's rules, serial killers like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy are among the most dramatic examples of the psychopath. Individuals with this personality disorder are fully aware of the consequences of their actions and kw the difference between right and wrong, yet they are terrifyingly self-centered, remorseless, and unable to care about the feelings of others. Perhaps most frightening, they often seem completely rmal to unsuspecting targets - and they do t always ply their trade by killing. Presenting a compelling portrait of these dangerous men and women based on 25 years of distinguished scientific research, Dr Robert D. Hare vividly describes a world of con artists, hustlers, rapists, and other predators who charm, lie, and manipulate their way through life. Are psychopaths mad, or simply bad? How can they be recognized? And how can we protect ourselves? This book provides solid information and surprising insights for anyone seeking to understand this devastating condition.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Hare, PhD, has conducted influential research on psychopathy for over 25 years. Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of British Columbia, Canada, and the developer of one of the world's most widely used tools for assessing psychopathy, Dr. Hare is the author of over 100 professional articles and several books. In recognition of the enormous impact that his work on psychopathy has had worldwide, the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy named their lifetime achievement award after him. In 2005, he was the first recipient of the R.D. Hare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Author(s)Robert D. Hare
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication06/05/1999
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight289 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.