All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. Lati/Latina Studies. Bilingual Edition. Translated from the Spanish by Louise B. Popkin. Introduction by Margaret Randall. It gives me great pleasure to see the work of Benedetti, one of the great poets of our language, made available to US readers in Popkin's wonderful translations. Her carefully crafted adaptations of Mario's poems convey all the wisdom, stalgia, and irony that inform his verses in language that retains their musicality. Anyone who has translated poetry will appreciate what an accomplishment that represents --Claribel Alegria.
- Author BiographyMario Benedetti: Mario Benedetti (1920 - 2009) regarded as one of Latin America's most important writers of the 20th century and one of Uruguay's most prolific writers. He excelled in all literary genres: novels, short stories, poems, plays, essays, political articles, and polemical songs.Louise Popkin: Louise B. Popkin resides in the Boston area, where she teaches Spanish at Harvard's Division of Continuing Education. Her translations of Latin American poetry, theater and fiction have appeared in numerous literary journals and anthologies.Margaret Randall: Margaret Randall is a feminist poet, writer, photographer and social activist.
- Author(s)Mario Benedetti
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byLouise B Popkin,Louise B. Popkin
- Introduction byMargaret Randall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.