All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.82Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.88Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first chapter of WITNESS TO DISASTER: VOLANOES, readers are given a sense of what happens when a volcano is born. The authors have gathered together eyewitness accounts of the Volcano Paricutin, which allows us to follow along from the first crack in the cornfield to the monumental growth of a mountain towering 2000 feet in the sky, spewing smoke and ash for years after its first explosion. The following chapters alternate history with science. Readers will learn why volcanoes explode, what kinds of volcanoes there are, what scientists are doing to help people avoid getting hurt, the worst/biggest/deadliest volcanoes in history, and much more. The ample backmatter will allow a student to easily find the information needed to complete a report.
- Author BiographyJudith and Dennis Fradin have published over 150 books for children. They have won many awards, including the 2004 SCBWI Golden Kite Honor book award for <i>The Power of One: Daisy Bates and the Little Rock Nine</i>. Their most recent National Geographic title <i>5,000 Miles to Freedom: Ellen and William Craft s Flight from Slavery</i> was named one of Chicago Public Library s Best Books of the Year, a Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People, a <i>School Library Journal</i> Best Book of the Year, and received a Blue Ribbon from the Bulletin of the Center for Children s Books.
- Author(s)Dennis Fradin
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication08/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight446 g
- Width240 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.