CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
About this product
- DescriptionWoking is an unusual town as it is both very 'old' and very 'new'. 'Old' Woking is mentioned in the Domesday Book but 'New' Woking was t developed until the nineteenth century as a result of the new railway system and the necessity to find land for a new cemetery because of a cholera epidemic in London. This is a book about Woking with a difference. Woking should really be called 'New' Woking to distinguish it from 'Old' Woking. In this must-have title, Marion Field charts the history of the area through a selection of old and modern photographs to show just what has changed and what has stayed the same.
- Author BiographyMarion Field lives in Woking. She has authored previous books on the history of Woking and other areas of Surrey, as well as writing magazine articles, biographies and books on the English language. She also gives creative writing workshops. She is an active member of her local Anglican Church and in her spare time she enjoys acting, playing tennis and travelling.
- Author(s)Marion Field
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.