All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOften described as one of the great apocalyptic vels of our time, WOLF SOLENT is the story of a young man returning from London to work near to the school at which his father had been history master. Complex, romantic and humorous, it is a classicwork combining a close understanding of man's everyday experience with a delicate awareness of the spiritual.
- Author BiographyJohn Cooper Powys, a descendant of John Donne, was born in 1872. A prolific novelist, essayist, correspondent, poet and philosopher, he grew up deep in the English countryside that would so inform his later writing. He spent thirty years travelling the length and breadth of America before settling in Wales to write the novels for which he is principally remembered, most notably WOLF SOLENT (1929) and A GLASTONBURY ROMANCE (1932). He died in 1963.
- Author(s)John Cowper Powys
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight470 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Introduction byA. N. Wilson
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.