Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2016 HWA Goldsboro Debut Crown Award. 'Fans of The Miniaturist will love flashing back to the dark bleakness of 1717 Lapland in Cecilia Ekback's debut.' Grazia A brilliantly written and gripping historical Nordic Noir thriller with all the intrigue and atmosphere of Burial Rites, the pent-up passion of The Pia and the suspense of The Tenderness of Wolves. There are six homesteads on Blackasen Mountain. A day's journey away lies the empty town. It comes to life just once, in winter, when the Church summons her people through the sws. Then, even the oldest enemies will gather. But w it is summer, and new settlers are come. It is their two young daughters who find the dead man, t half an hour's walk from their cottage. The father is away. And whether stubborn, or stupid, or scared for her girls, the mother will t let it rest. To the wife who is t concerned when her husband does t come home for three days; to the man who laughs when he hears his brother is dead; to the priest who doesn't care; she asks and asks her questions, digging at the secrets of the mountain. They say a wolf made those wounds. But what wild animal cuts a body so clean?
- Author BiographyCecilia Ekback was born in the north of Sweden; her parents come from Lapland. During her teens, she worked as a journalist and after university specialised in marketing. Over twenty years her work for a multinational took her to Russia, Germany, France, Portugal, the Middle East and the UK. In 2010, she finished a Masters in Creative Writing at Royal Holloway. She now lives in Calgary with her husband and twin daughters, 'returning home' to the landscape and the characters of her childhood in her writing. Wolf Winter is her first novel and she is at work on her second. You can find out more about Cecilia via her website www.ceciliaekback.com and you can follow her @KarinCecilia on Twitter.
- PrizesWinner of HWA/Goldsboro Crown for Debut Historical Fiction 2016.
- Author(s)Cecilia Ekback
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Content Note1 b&w map
- Weight570 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.