All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCan she keep her children sweet and incent and still make a living? This is a true story from the red-light district in Amsterdam. The vel takes place in the 1980s and shows a continuous spiral from being a homeless family down to the horrors of survival on the dark side of society. Wolfmother is a loving mother. She's t a prostitute and this is a problem. The children are hungry. They need love and attention as well as clothes . . . As she opens her home as a 'shooting gallery' for drug addicts, she somehow manages to create the illusion of a world guided by rmality. But there are serious doubts. Ather baby is on the way. When the police destroy their home and take all the children including a tiny newborn, she feels utterly crushed. Her husband has become a drug addict and the prospects are dire. Can there be hope for a better life?
- Author BiographyMy name is AME Wren, and people call me Amy. I have enjoyed an interesting life, especially, as my experiences span two opposites of Western society. At first, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, allowed to sit in the back of a chauffeur-driven limousine to be taken to school. But a few years later - Was it providence? Was it rebellion? Or even boredom? - I made a fateful decision when I married a previous Hell's Angel turned Christian. This initiated a dive into the red-hot lava of survival where none of my upbringing counted. This may sound a harsh swing of fortunes and too far from safety and comfort, but there are two sides to the coin. It seemed almost a privilege to taste the freedom of living outside the cocoon world of bank-accounts, mobile phones or household bills. We travelled all over Europe and brought back diaries full of fantastic memories, as well as a deep understanding that tolerance and acceptance are wonderful marks of being a human animal. In 2001, I acquired an MA in Women Studies from Cambridge UK Following the death of my youngest son in a road traffic accident, I started writing prose. In 2009 I self-published my first fiction/fantasy trilogy, 'Normsville'. 'Wolfmother' contains memories from Amsterdam. A story from Berlin is in the publishing process.
- Author(s)Ame Wren
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sam Wren,Bradley Wind
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.