All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough women have been at the forefront of art and techlogy creation, source has adequately documented their core contributions to the field. Women, Art, and Techlogy, which originated in a Leonardo journal project of the same name, is a compendium of the work of women artists who have played a central role in the development of new media practice.The book includes overviews of the history and foundations of the field by, among others, artists Sheila Pinkel and Kathy Brew; classic papers by women working in art and techlogy; papers written expressly for this book by women whose work is currently shaping and reshaping the field; and a series of critical essays that look to the future.Artist contributors include computer graphics artists Rebecca Allen and Donna Cox; video artists Dara Birnbaum, Joan Jonas, Valerie Soe, and Steina Vasulka; composers Cecile Le Prado, Pauline Oliveros, and Pamela Z; interactive artists Jennifer Hall and Blyth Hazen, Agnes Hegedus, Lynn Hershman, and Sonya Rapoport; virtual reality artists Char Davies and Brenda Laurel; net artists Anna Couey, Monika Fleischmann and Wolfgang Strauss, Nancy Paterson, and Sandy Stone; and choreographer Dawn Stoppiello. Critics include Margaret Morse, Jaishree Odin, Patric Prince, and Zoe Sofia.
- Author BiographyJudy Malloy is an electronic fiction and Internet pioneer. The editor of Authoring Software, a resource for new media writing, she is currently creating From Ireland with Letters, a narrative of Irish American history and identity.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleLeonardo Book Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note59
- Weight1075 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJudy Malloy
- Foreword byPatricia Bentson
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.