Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAdvancement and empowerment of women has been a leading objective of state policy ever since the attainment of Independence in 1947. Institutions of different types -- Central, State and Local Governments, n-governmental organisations (NGOs), civil society and other bodies -- are active to ensure gender equality as laid down in the Constitution of India. The underway Eleventh Five Year Plan (2007-12) of India recognizes women, for the first time, t just as equal citizens but as agents of ecomic and social growth. The Plan's approach to gender equity is based on the recognition that interventions in favour of women must be multi-pronged and that they must be provided with basic entitlements. Self-help Groups (SHGs) have emerged as an effective instrument to promote entrepreneurship and self-confidence among women, particularly in rural areas. The Self-help Group (SHG)-Bank Linkage Programme, since 1992 has become a well-kwn tool for bankers, developmental agencies and even for corporate houses. This book provides a vivid account of the various measures taken by the Government of India for the ecomic, social and political empowerment of women. More importantly, it examines the role of SHGs in women's development, thereby envisaging a synthesis of formal financial system and informal sector.
- Author(s)A. Abdul Raheem
- PublisherNew Century Publications
- Date of Publication31/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNew Century Publications
- Weight430 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.