Women Healers of the World: The Traditions, History, and Geography of Herbal Medicine by Holly Bellebuono (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.93+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the healing traditions that made yoga, acupuncture, and aromatherapy popular. The recent trend toward holistic living has heightened our national fascination with herbal remedies and less conventional therapies such as acupuncture, yoga, aromatherapy, and ethbotany. Now, this intimate and inspiring book opens up the world of herbal medicine to those interested in learning about the history of these techniques and approaches. Women Healers of the World shares with readers an extraordinary variety of healing plants from around the world that have inspired today's alternative medicine, as well as the stories, challenges, and triumphs of remarkable women healers from past and present--all of whom promote the use of medicinal herbs. Through this book, herbalist and author Holly Bellebuo aims to educate readers about sixteen plant-based world healing traditions and thirty women who have practiced them. Bellebuo also explores the geography, history, and medical heritage of twenty countries where these traditions originated. With thorough kwledge of the uses and effects of these healing traditions, readers can then move on to featured recipes for herbal remedies they can make in their home kitchens. Following Bellebuo's instructions, readers will produce remedies such as soothing lip balms, wound pastes, face masks, arthritis oils, relaxing bath salts, and revitalizing teas.
- Author BiographyHolly Bellebuono MPA, CH, CPC has taught natural health, medicinal herbs, and the history of herbalism, folk medicine, and botany for eighteen years. She is president of Vineyard Herb Teas & Apothecary LLC on Martha's Vineyard and is the author of The Essential Herbal for Natural Health. She's the director of The Heritage & Healing Herbal Studies Program, is a member of United Plant Savers and Northeast Herbal Association, and is associated with the North Carolina Herb Association. She resides in West Tisbury, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Holly Bellebuono
- PublisherAllworth Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHelios Press,US
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, color illustrations throughout
- Weight1614 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byRosemary Gladstar
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.