Women, Love and Power: Literary and Psychoanalytic Perspectives by Elaine Hoffman Baruch (Paperback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 17 Oct
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElaine Baruch is t only among the most quiet-voiced and fair-minded of feminist writers. She is also among the most far-ranging in her scholarship, equally at ease with the writers of the Renaissance and Freud, the medieval troubadours, and our contemporary polemicists...instructive, absorbing, and persuasive. --Diana Trilling A lively mind is at work here and a keen and witty writer too. --Irving Howe This is a fine collection of essays...making many imaginative conjectures and amusing connections. --Times Literary Supplement In these essays what emerges is a history of romantic love...Highly recommended.--Library Journal Arguing that romantic love need t be a tool of women's oppression, feminist critic Baruch...contends that unackwledged male fantasies about love motivate much literature by men...rewarding, provocative.--Publishers Weekly Utilizing both Freudian and n-Freudian psychoanalysis as well as feminist criticism, Baruch examines literary works by women and men from medieval and Romantic periods as well as cultural observations on the twentieth century and how they have influenced attitudes toward love.
- Author BiographyELAINE HOFFMAN BARUCH, who has a Ph.D. in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University, is a professor of English and women's studies at York College of the City University of New york. She is the author of numerous articles on literature, psychoanalysis, and women, and is the coauthor of Women Analyze Women: In France, England, and the United States (with Lucienne Serrano) and coeditor of Women in Search of Utopia and Embryos, Ethics, and Women's Rights.
- Author(s)Elaine Hoffman Baruch
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1992
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.