Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionTHE GOLDEN AGE OF POISONING The 19th Century is frequently regarded as the heyday of the poisoner. In the beginning to the middle of the nineteenth century, a poisoning panic engrossed the public imagination. In the Times newspaper in England, between 1830 and 1839, fifty-nine cases of murder by poisoning were reported. By the 1840s, the number reported had risen to hundreds. And, of these hundreds of poisonings, sixty percent involved women murderers. In this fascinating book, best selling author Sylvia Perrini, looks at serial women killers around the world in the 19th Century. Nearly all the cases, but t all, involve poisoning. This book contains profiles of women mentioned in Women Serial Killers of the 19th Century Vol 1 and Women Serial killers of the 19th Century Vol 2. Both available as kindle books on Amazon.
- Author BiographySylvia Perrini is an author, historian, wife and mother to two sons and two daughters. Sylvia, studied history and law at Manchester University and developed a particular interest in women who live outside the common boundaries of society. Sylvia, lives with her husband and children in the New Forest, Hampshire, UK. Here she spends her time reading, writing and painting.
- Author(s)Sylvia Perrini
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.