All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAs you come to kw each of the women that Jesus knew, you may be surprised to discover how quickly your own stories are evoked by hearing theirs and how similar you are to some of them. In this way, they may become role models for your own journey of faith and witness. In each of these encounters, you will meet Jesus and come to kw him as they did, perhaps for the first time. To enrich your experience, there are questions to ponder and memories of your own to recover. These stories help us see parts of ourselves, both the parts we like and the parts we would prefer to deny, hide, or eliminate. As you proceed, two attitudes will be helpful: a willingness to let these biblical women speak with their own voices and an openness to hearing what you may t have heard before. These stories can help you uncover the richness of your own stories and see them for the sacred wonder that they are. First century mores barred women from interacting with men outside the family or marriage; yet Jesus appears to have been unafraid to approach women, to listen to them, to heal them, and to affirm God's love and acceptance of them. Often without a name, these women had convictions about Jesus and a sense of security with him that surpassed that of his male disciples. Their stories show us that social equality existed among Jesus's male and female followers. Each woman who met him went away from him changed. The existence of so many biblical stories about women is a sign that the history of God's salvation cant be told without women's active participation, and the life of Jesus cant be told accurately without the women who encountered him.
- Author(s)Bonnie Ring
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.