Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important series of events in modern times-the restructuring of sex roles to adapt them to modern life-is here chronicled from the perspective of a lifetime of studying and writing about women. In this lively, lucid book Jessie Bernard examines, with concern and expertise, the dramatic changes in values experienced by women of all ages in all classes of society, and how these changes aff ect the options available to women today-as women, as wives, as mothers.
- Author BiographyJessie Bernard (1903-1996) was Research Scholar, Honoris Causa, at the Pennsylvania State University. Her many books include Remarriage, The Sex Game, The Future of Marriage, American Community Behavior, and Social Problems at Midcentury.
- Author(s)Jessie Bernard
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.