All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Asia is one of the most vulnerable areas of an increasingly disaster-impacted world, with cyclones, earthquakes, floods and droughts causing several casualties and disrupting lives and livelihoods every year. Yet the impacts of disasters are t equally distributed across the peoples of the region.Women and men experience disaster differently, and their needs in the aftermath of disaster often differ. Bringing together perspectives from academics, emergency response specialists and development practitioners, the volume investigates to what extent and in what ways gender affects the course of post-disaster reconstruction. Conversely, it also explores in what ways gender politics may be altered by disaster and post-disaster reconstruction. The study includes: * a comprehensive overview of key issues facing women and men, as gendered beings, in reconstruction and development; * a targeted observation of specific South Asian disaster contexts; and * a sustained discussion of case studies and their implications and lessons. This book will interest scholars and researchers of disaster management, rehabilitation studies, gender, environment, ecology and sociology. It will also be useful to institutions dealing with natural and man-made disasters, n-governmental organisations and disaster recovery professionals.
- Author BiographyLinda Racioppi is Professor of Comparative Cultures and Politics, and International Relations, Michigan State University, USA. Swarna Rajagopalan is an independent scholar and Managing Trustee, The Prajnya Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byLinda Racioppi,Swarna Rajagopalan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.