All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionPaul J. Bailey provides the first analytical study in English of Chinese women's experiences during China's turbulent twentieth century. Incorporating the very latest specialized research, and drawing upon Chinese cinema and autobiographical memoirs, this fascinating narrative account: * explores the impact of political, social and cultural change on women's lives, and how Chinese women responded to such developments * charts the evolution of gender discourses during this period * illuminates both change and continuity in gender discourse and practice. Approachable and authoritative, this is an essential overview for students, teachers and scholars of gender history, and anyone with an interest in modern Chinese history.
- Author BiographyPAUL BAILEY is professor of Modern Chinese History at the University of Durham, UK. He previously taught at Lingnan College, Hong Kong, and the University of Edinburgh, UK. His previous publications include Gender and Education in China (2007) and China in the Twentieth Century (2001).
- Author(s)Paul J. Bailey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleGender and History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight452 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.