All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionWomen in the Mediterranean have helped constitute new meanings of kwledge whilst simultaneously providing a wealth of material that is w part of the kwledge archive of the area. The inception of types of kwledge that differ from the conventional necessitates a re-definition of the concept of 'kwledge,' an issue which is addressed in this volume. Employing a range of theories and methodologies, this book explores four main domains in which women's kwledge is attested: women and written kwledge; women and oral kwledge; women and legal, religious, and ecomic kwledge; and women and media kwledge. By presenting untapped women's expressions of kwledge in these domains, this book opens new avenues of research in fields such as sociology, history and literature, amongst others. This book will be an invaluable resource for students and scholars of the Middle East, Women and Gender studies and Mediterranean Studies.
- Author BiographyFatima Sadiqi is Senior Professor of Linguistics and Gender Studies and recipient of a Harvard Fellowship. Her main research interests are language, culture, and women's and gender issues in North Africa. She is currently writing a book with the provisional title A Feminism of One's Own: Women's Empowerment in Morocco - Going Beyond Islam.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Mediterranean Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFatima Sadiqi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.